- A resident of Ward 7 for more than 20 years
- Chief Executive Officer, CHATS – Community & Home Assistance to Seniors, which serves more than 7,500 seniors in York Region and South Simcoe County by providing support to enable seniors to live independently, safely and with dignity in their own homes.
- Prior experience as senior executive in consumer products, health care, technology, and police services sectors, and small business owner.
- Married to Paul Geick, retired RCMP officer, and Mother of Tyson.
- Companion to Leif, a loveable Springer Spaniel.
Community Engagement Experience
- Director, Human Services Planning Board of York Region
- Founding member, and chair of the Glenway Preservation Association
- Member of Newmarket Chamber of Commerce; served on Chamber’s Prosperity Steering Committee
- Founding director, Canadian Association of Retired Persons (CARP), Newmarket-Aurora chapter
- Volunteer, Belinda’s Place Shelter for single, homeless women
- Consumer representative, Advertising Standards Canada
- Steering Committee member, South Simcoe Northern York Region Health Link
- Governance Committee member, South West York Region Health Link
- Member of the Canadian Society of Association Executives Government Relations Committee
Past experience includes
- Founding chair of Newmarket Public Library’s “Pathfinders to Employment” initiative
- Member of the Southlake Regional Health Centre’s Health Sciences Commission
- Board member, Consumers Council of Canada
- Governor, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
- School parent council member
Education & Certificates
- Certificate of Distinction, Program in Good Governance, Ontario Hospital Association
- Honours BA, University of Toronto